Opened with the disclaimers and then moseyed to Mallery Park. 9 PAX joined us for the inaugural game of F3 kickball in SSI. Since we didn’t have enough guys to have two teams, we modified the rules a bit. It took the Q a few audibles to get the rules down right, and we ended up doing the following:
- As soon as the pitch is released, the PAX rotates positions; pitcher to first, first to second, second to third, third to left field, left to center, center to right, and right to catcher.
- Kicker (batter) runs to first and does 5 merkins, runs to second for 5 squat jumps, third for 5 side straddle hops, and home for the run.
- Upon fielding the ball for the first time, the entire PAX (except the runner) drops and does 3 merkins.
- No running with the ball is allowed, every time the ball is thrown to you, you have to drop and do 3 merkins before trying to get the runner out.
- If the ball is caught after kicked, the kicker (batter) has to do 10 burpees.
- If you try to catch the ball and drop it, you have to drop and do 5 burpees.
- Once the kicker (batter) is tagged out, he becomes the pitcher.
After the workout, we did an Indian Run back to the pier. Based on my fitness tracker, we ran at least 3.5 miles (park is only .25 mile from pier, so that’s 3 miles while playing kickball) and burned nearly 1000 calories. And if my math is correct, each member of the PAX did at least 160 merkins, along with some additional number of burpees, jump squats, and side straddle hops.
Announcements and prayers were shared after count-o-rama and name-o-rama and we closed in prayer.