Another first Saturday of the month, another F3 Kickball workout by Woz. Ten brave men and one 2.0 chose the harder thing by coming out this morning.
- Mosey to Mallery Park
- Circled up for a short stretch and warm-up and explained the rules
- As soon as the pitch is released, the PAX rotates positions; pitcher to first, first to second, second to third, third to left field, left to center, center to right, and right to catcher.
- Kicker (batter) races the bases; each base you pass earns one point.
- Upon fielding the ball for the first time, the entire PAX (except the runner) drops and does 5 merkins.
- If the ball is caught after kicked, the kicker (batter) has to do 5 burpees.
- If you try to catch the ball and drop it, you have to drop and do 3 burpees.
- Once the kicker (batter) is tagged out, he becomes the pitcher.
After the workout, we did an Indian Run back to the pier. Based on my fitness tracker, we ran at least 2.0 miles and burned nearly 800 calories. And if my math is correct, each member of the PAX did at least 160 merkins, along with some additional number of burpees.
We closed with a count-o-Mary (each PAX called out their favorite ab exercise).
Announcements and prayers were shared after name-o-rama and we closed in prayer.