The morning was a cool one with a slight breeze. It was a perfect day for a workout…and work out we did. I got some positive feedback after my last cinderblock Q, so, you know, if it ain’t broke…. A solid Tuesday showing of 7 PAX came out to get yoked and make their shirts feel a tad smaller today.
We moseyed from the flags to the lighted area outside the SSCC atrium for a quick warm up that consisted of the following:
- Pigeon + Moroccan Night Clubs, IC, 10x
- Pigeon (Other side) + Chinooks, IC, 10x
- Kneeling Shoulder Stretch (easier to demo than describe) ea side, hold for 20-ct
- Seated Twist, each side, hold for 20-ct
- Deep Squat + Wonderbras, IC, 10x
Mosey back to my truck in the middle of the parking lot under one of the lamps…where the cinderblocks awaited. We paired up. While Partner One did the stated exercise, Partner Two moseyed to the lighted area outside the atrium, did 10 Merkins, then returned to switch out.
The exercise sequence was:
- 100 WWI Situps with block raise
- 100 Military Block Presses from the People’s Chair
- 100 High Pulls/Upright Rows
- 100 Tricep Raises from the People’s Chair
- 100 Curls
After reaching 100 on each exercise, the PAX held plank until the 6 arrived. When it was all said and done, in addition to the reps stated above, each PAX should have had someone in the vicinity of 100ish Merkins, as well. Blocks abounded. Good music filled the air. Muscles bulged. Things were just manly this morning. Blackberry even got so into that he slammed a block down and broke it, so I owe you a replacement, War Pig, if you’re reading this.
We then cooled down with the following:
- Pigeon w/ quad stretch, each side, hold for 20-ct
- Down Dog + Divebomber Merkin into Up Dog (a couple times)
- Chest opener with block under upper back, hold for 20-ct
- Manna House this Saturday. It’s an awesome time to serve God through serving others who need a hand up. No age limit, no age minimum. Bring the Ms and 2.0s. Please reach out to D2 if you can make it. If you can, you’ll be glad you did.
- Thursday is Uptown Girl’s Q. He has decided, with our full support, that it will be 2/29 instead of 3/1. So, make sure to come out on this impromptu Leap Year and sharpen some iron.
- 3/10 is the big, 2-year anniversary F3-SSI throwdown shindig. 2 hours of grinding and digging deep. More info will come out about this as the plans are put into place. Mark your calendars. Invite not one, but MANY, friends.
Bundy’s Beatdown Playlist:
- “Human” by Rag n’ Bone Man
- “Real Thing” by Jupiter Coyote
- “Gold on the Ceiling” by The Black Keys
- “Squeeze Box” by The Who
- “Click Click Boom” by Saliva
- “I Got It (What You Need)” by Galactic
- “Iron Man” by Black Sabbath
- “Intergalactic” by The Beastie Boys
- “Ride of the Valkyries” by Richard Wagner (as performed by the London Symphony Orchestra)
If that last one doesn’t get you pumped up, I don’t know what will.