This morning, the gloom was like working out in a sauna. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000,000% is I think what my weather app on my phone said it “felt like” and I can’t disagree. After Johnny 5 and Homeboy rucked in to the AO, the rest of the PAX joined, I shared a disclaimer that I swear just dissipated into the steamy air. We then moved over to the covered porch and, to the musical stylings of Eric Church, Iron Maiden, Skid Row, Led Zeppelin, Offspring, 2Pac, Korn, and CCR, sweated it out with the following:
- Plankjacks, IC, 10x
- Slow Weedpickers, IC, 10x
- Windmills, IC, 10x
- Low Lunge + LBACF, IC, 10x ea
After the warm-up, and with my trusty cinderblocks in hand, we moved over to the wall alongside the covered porch and paired up for the first of TWO Doras. While one PAX teammate was doing the exercise, the other was to bear crawl over to the car lane, do five Merkins, and bear crawl back.
- 100 – Wall Sit + Overhead Press
- 200 – Curls
- 300 – Tri Ext
After this set was over, our time was fast approaching and YHC made the call to modify from Dora 1-2-3 to Dora 1-1-1 in order to get it all in. So, the next set was as follows:
- 100 – Kettlebell Swings (but with a block)
- 100 – Flutter Kicks (2-count)(w/ block extended OUT overhead)
- 100 – LBCs (w/ block extended UP overhead)
After this, with just a few minutes to spare, we stretched it out with some Pigeon, Down Dog, Up Dog, and Tempo Merkins.
7 PAX x 6 different exercises = 42.
Two sets of Dora = DD.
So, the result? A sweaty, 42DD kind of morning.
- Bundy’s dad. On the mend. Hopes to be off the trach tube soon. Long road of physical therapy ahead. Please continue praying for his strength and will to work.
- Bundy’s 2.0, Sandlot, as well as all of the other kids who are at baseball camp at Florida State this week. Please pray for safety and good times.
- Johnny 5 spoke of a fellow Pax who has a newborn, Landon, that is undergoing treatment in St. Pete and Ohio. Please pray for healing.