Eight PAX were there this morning in the gloom to (unbeknownst to them) celebrate my 42nd year on this pebble by putting in some hard work with heavy things. And we even did a little running…. During the beatdown, I treated the PAX to a playlist of songs that came out in the year of my bicentennial birth.
Warm Up (Part I):
- LBACF, 13x, IC
- Chinooks, 13x, IC
- LBACR, 13x, IC
Next came a slow, Bundy-style mosey to OPES bus lane entrance.
Warm Up (Part II):
- Moroccan Night Clubs, 13x, IC
- Overhead Claps, 13x, IC
- Bundy Squat + Wonderbra, 13x, IC
We then continued our slow, Bundy-style mosey to the empty parking area across from Christ Church.
Warm Up (Part III):
- Weed Pickers, 13x, IC
- Flutter Kicks, 13x, IC
- LBC, 13x, IC
9 warm-up exercises. 13 reps of each. 9/13.
Next, we moseyed down to the entrace to Christ Church…where, like a stunned GORUCK Cadre “finding” a nice, perfectly cut light pole alongside the road, I “found” a stash of cinderblocks that we used for the following:
- Upright Rows, 42x, OYO
- Triceps Extensions, 42x, OYO
- Overhead presses, 42x, OYO
- One-Legged Derkins (with foot on block), 21, OYO
- Curls, 42x, OYO
- One-Legged Derkins (other side), 21, OYO
42 reps of each. One for each of my years.
After this, we man-moseyed (i.e. walked with blocks) back to the AO for some stretching and a few more Merkins.
- D2 – GORUCK Selection. All were encouraged to tune in on the GORUCK page next week for the live feed.
- Tim Carlson – Battling bone marrow cancer.
- Victims of Hurricane Florence.
- “You Sexy Thing” by Hot Chocolate. Some of you might recall this song from Deuce Bigalow.
- “Let Your Love Flow” by the Beverly Brothers
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen. Who doesn’t know this one?
- “Give Up The Funk” by Parliament. As you’d remember from “PCU”…if you ever saw “PCU.”
- “Slow Ride” by Foghat…as you might recall from the “Dazed and Confused” credit fadeout.
- “Mama Kin” by Aerosmith. Gn’R did a smoking cover of this, too, on their “Gn’R Lies” album, by the way.
- “Jailbreak” by Thin Lizzy. The little-seen movie “Detriot Rock City” was a great flick. This song played during a cool scene in that flick.
- “Take the Money and Run” by Steve Miller.
- “Squeeze Box” by The Who. This was late-era Who, but still an awesome song.
- Lastly, as if by design rather than by shuffle, was “Play That Funky Music” by Wild Cherry…the #1 song on the charts the day I was born.