The weather this morning was such a welcome change…at least for YHC, presumably the heaviest member of the SSI PAX. And it was a great day to sharpen some iron. I’ve watched a few Netflix documentaries lately about these die-hard CrossFitters who train to compete in the CrossFit games and the ones I watched were not only entertaining, but also inspiring. So inspiring, in fact, that today’s beatdown was not one, but TWO, CrossFit WODs jammed into our brief 45-minute time together. It was simple, but it wasn’t easy. The 12 PAX who came out and got better today found this out rather quickly.
Warm up while in motion. Just some arms circles and high knees to get the juices flowing as we made our way back to the OPES playground to get slayed by a pair of hot CrossFit chicks.
The first WOD was “Angie” and she consisted of the following:
- 100 pull ups (or the best variation of a pullup that one can do)
- 100 push ups
- 100 squats
- 100 sit ups
After Angie, we took a brief second to catch our breaths and stretch out about with some pigeons and twists. Then, “Helen” made an appearance. “Helen” consisted of three rounds of the following:
- 400 Meter Run
- 21 Cinderblock Swings
- 12 Pull-Ups (or the best variation of a pullup that one can do)
We wrapped up “Helen” with just a couple of minutes to spare. We then pledged our allegiance to the great US of A and closed it out.
- Come support your #1-in-the-league F3 SSI kickball team today at 1800 at Mallery.
- Catnip has the Q on Saturday.
- Today was Pusser’s last day with us. He’s moving on the new adventures.
- Tim Carlson seems to be in line with the required conditions for his much-needed bone marrow transplant. He’s supposed to come to the Catnip Show on Saturday.
- Pusser…for safe travels and for God’s hedge of protection as he moves on in search of a new chapter.
- Seuss is heading to be camp counselor soon. Prayers for him and those around him while he’s at camp.
Lastly, it seemed only right for today’s playlist, since we covered a couple of CrossFit workouts, to also consist of cover songs. Those cover songs were….
- “Can’t You See” by Marshall Tucker Band covered by Black Stone Cherry
- “Saturday Night’s Alright (For Fighting)” by Elton John covered by The Who
- “Rocky Mountain Way” by Joe Walsh covered by Godsmack
- “War” by Edwin Starr covered by Black Stone Cherry (but also once done admirably by Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan)
- “Simple Man” by Lynyrd Skynyrd covered by Shinedown
- “Turn the Page” by Bob Seger covered incredibly by Metallica
- “You Really Got Me” by The Kinks covered by Van Halen
- “Blitzkrieg Bop” by The Ramones covered by Rob Zombie
- “Cat Scratch Fever” by Ted Nugent covered by Pantera
- “All Along the Watchtower” by Bob Dylan covered most famously by Jimi Hendrix
- “Bring The Noise” by Public Enemy covered by Anthrax and Public Enemy.